February 20th, 2019
Why some people prefer online Therapy
Here are some common reasons why people prefer online therapy (or use it as an alternative or supplement to in-office therapy):
- In-office therapy is expensive - up to 20% of what you are paying is being spent on the room - online removes all the cost apart from the Therapist so more of your spend goes on getting the best Therapist
- Finding the time… Taking time out of your life to speak to your Therapist is hard enough as it is… let alone adding a commute. For some people this is not just inconvenient but impossible.
- People worry about the stigma of in-office therapy - It can be intimidating sitting on a coach in a Therapists clinic… some people find it much more comfortable and calm to be at home.
- People are concerned people they know will see them enter or leave a therapist’s office - Not everyone wants their neighbours to know they are seeking help.
- It is much easier to cancel, reschedule or change their therapist within a network of online therapists - There are lots of experts with lots of specialisms… far more than most practices can offer.
- Online therapy enables new structures. Rather than 8 x 1 hour sessions… it might be better for you to have 16 x 30mins sessions.
- Some feel therapy via the Internet provides greater confidentiality
- You don’t have to cancel if you are ill… you can’t pass on a cold through the internet
- For some people remote actually suits their problem… for example some members experience less ‘triggers’ when they stay home.
- It is a convenient option for people with disabilities
- Online can be a safe and sensible solution for people in abusive relationship who want to receive therapy without their partner knowing
There are unique benefits for therapists as well:
- Less time doing admin & commuting
- More time serving members
- More tracking to see your members progress
- Fit sessions around your life - Therapists have lives too… whether it is kids or careers… we want the best Therapists to be available where they want when they want.